LAST EXIT IN SWEDEN

Ledarskapskonsult och småbarnspappa. Bor vid sista avfarten innan man lämnar Sverige för Europa. Arbetar överallt i världen och längtar hem till kärleken, lillkillen och lilltjejen. Bloggar 60% på svenska, and 40% in English.

26 februari 2010

My favorite Greek dude


Recently I realized most of what I do for a living has been described rather nicely by Epictetus (Greek dude, way back when, white robes 'n stuff, first slave then free).

"First, say to yourself what you would be.
Then do what you have to do."

"We are disturbed not by events, but by the views which we take of them."

"No thing great is created suddenly, any more than a bunch of grapes or a fig. If you tell me that you desire a fig, I answer you that there must be time. Let it first blossom, then bear fruit, then ripen."

"In theory there is nothing to hinder our following what we are taught; but in life there are many things to draw us aside."

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

I think that captures very accurately a close encounter with me.

Suck on those for a while, amigos.

1 kommentar:

Wallentin sa...

greekdudesblogg.blogspot.com